The entire management and staff of the Longleaf Learning Center share these common beliefs:
- Parents are the child’s first and most important teacher.
- We are the parents’ partner in the child’s growth and development.
- Our most important role is the child’s safety and emotional comfort.
- The first “school” experience should spark a lifelong enthusiasm for learning and nurture each child’s self-esteem.
- Young children learn best through a blend of concrete, hands-on experiences that include a wide variety of equipment and materials framed within a kindergarten readiness curriculum.
- Each child is unique – growing and learning at his or her own pace.
- The curriculum must nurture the whole child; each child’s physical, intellectual, social, and emotional well-being are cherished and developed.