When your child enters Longleaf Learning Center, we start a Creative Portfolio that is a collection of your child’s work and periodic progress assessments. The portfolio becomes a scrapbook of his/her development throughout the preschool experience. Each entry is dated, and the portfolio follows your child through the years at LLC. It is used as the basis for parent conferences and is accessible to you at any time. We encourage you to add items your child has created at home!
Examples of the Creative Portfolio’s content include:
- Samples of drawings, number and letter formations (“writing”), and “dictated” descriptions
- Samples of cutting skills
- Photographs of creations such as block and Lego® structures and clay moldings
- Photographs of your child playing in a variety of settings
- Anecdotal notes made by teachers as they observe and record behavior